Friday 2 February 2018

Going Plastic Bag Free February Challenge!

Hello there!

This is just a quick 'drive by'... unfortunately both of my girls have the flu and I'm home with them today... Plus this morning I got a call from my factory to say that my new organic fabric is narrower than my designs to print on it and so I have to re-size all my files today...whilst tending to the small grumpy ones...

I wanted to talk about my idea of going 100% plastic bag free as a February challenge... I wanted to give you a load of stats about why the production of plastic bags is bad for the environment... I wanted to write a rebuttal to people that scoff at me and say that if you live in Sweden then it makes no difference if you use plastic bags or not... that's bollocks by the way... But I just don't have the time to do any of that...

So please, if you haven't already stopped using plastic bags, consider February as a month to give it a try. Top tips: keep a bunch of bags in the back of the car and keep a fabric shopper in your handbag so you are ready for any spontaneous purchasing...

If you are worried that you use the plastic shopping bags as bin liners so what will you do about that... then buy 'green bags' made from renewable sources. These are actually much better for the environment than normal plastic bags, because they are not made from petrochemicals, they are made from growing things... (I'm posting in the videos I made about plastic bags, if you want to know more... see below)

So that's all I've got time for now... got to go and take temperatures and administer generous amounts of ice cream and cuddles... Look after yourself this weekend and think about the plastic bag thing...

You can buy these here




No comments:

Post a Comment