Friday 26 May 2017

Crafty with Concrete

I just caught myself doing something very silly indeed... and I fear that I do this silly thing more often than I would like... I'll explain...
I am working on making something to photograph for my next cushion designs and I wanted to show you how I built what I am going to build. The first step was to paint some concrete angels wings a dark bloody brown. This give s great 3D effect and depth to the gold paint which goes on next. So I paint them, all good, then comes the silliness... I walk around my house looking for a nice spot to photograph them in, just to show this first stage. I walk around for ages, with 2 massive heavy concrete wings looking for a 'pretty spot'.

What nonsense! What time wastage! I didn't paint them on the piano, they are not finished, it's just a work-in-progress picture but I couldn't handle the ugly boring truth and I thought maybe you couldn't either ;-)
But I have underestimated you haven't I? Because here is that actual reality of the situation...
I used acrylic paints and mixed dark brown, black, a little red and a little dark blue with quite a lot of water to get a fairly thin paint so it would get into all the nooks and crannies and actually my kids painted them...


Anyway...that is a very long winded way of telling you that I'll be sharing with you my developments over the next few weeks as I make this thing...

If you like the look of those wings and want to get your own then check out my friend on instagram @concretebynoni

Next stage is building a big heart... I like that sentence, it could be a metaphor... but in this case it is not, I am going to actually build a big heart from papier Maché ....you'll see...
This weekend looks set to be a right crafty one!


1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely loving the angel wings. So much so that I want one for myself. Is there any way to order these from you. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete