Friday 17 March 2017

VIP Party at Blåhuset & the Van Asch Creative Challenge

I thought it would be great fun to invite my wonderful crafty customers to enter into a creative challenge. I selected 8 creative people to take part and they have all been given a meter of our new Luna Gold fabric for free (a few decided to buy more to make more ambitious projects) but mostly they have only a little over a meter to work with. They can do anything they want with the fabric and I'll announce the winner on here on Friday April 7th, which is coincidentally my birthday. Actually it is no coincidence at all. I love giving things away on my birthday... The winner of this challenge gets 5 meters of various fabrics for free and I'll be featuring all the contestants pictures on here so you can see everything.
If you feel inspired to make something out of this fabric too then here is a quick link to buy it...


That fabulous grey panelled background is actually wallpaper and I bought it from a wonderful shop near me called Blåhuset, which leads me nicely on to tell you about the VIP party I went to last night.
Blåhuset has been selling all the best wallpaper, paints and fabrics for years but this year they have done a total refit in the store, gutted it and relaunched even more fabulous than before and  was invited to the launch party...


Here I am with Petra and with Charlotte and Anniken from the Blåhuset team...












I did lots of snuffling around the wallpaper section...I can't tell you how excited I get when looking at fabulous patterns! It's like my eyes are eating..don't try to imagine that...it sounds disgusting!
Just check out these beauties from Christian Lacroix...


There was lots of fabulosity from Lacroix, cushions and wallpapers...


But what most struck me was how much bigger and well organised the new store is... there is still some space in there though and we are going to fill it with some Van Asch cushions! Oh yes that is going to be happening soon and I'll take some pictures and show you when they are in stock.

There are lots of gorgeous little style moments all around the store, so lots of inspiration..which you will need as the choice is overwhelming!
























Maybe you are thinking of doing some DIY or renovations this weekend, or organising, rearranging, painting,or whatever.. well good luck with that and may the creative force be with you!

1 comment:

  1. These do not look like wall papers at all. Beautiful patterns and lovely colours, they can give an exquisite touch to any place. Your pictures have made me think about a home makeover.

    ReplyDelete