Friday 4 November 2016

Halloween, Vampires & Red Hair Dye

well that was Halloween for another year...Its one of my favourite days of the year, not least because I get to dress up as a total freak and put my vampire teeth in... Yep, I have hand made teeth, made by a very clever chap in Canada over a decade ago from when the band I was in was performing at a Vampire Festival.
 I don't have much occasion to use them, obviously...but I love wearing them. I seem to spend a lot of time reading about vampires, watching them on TV... hmmm I only just decided that should I be given the choice to become one, I would say 'no' because I love my family and my life too much to leave them behind... there is not much likelihood of this decision ever actually coming up. I don't know why I think about such rubbish really...
The thing is though, that I have been dressing up as a vampire for decades...This is me from 2003... enjoying it a bit too much methinks....

And a pic by photographer Tim Dry...

Well, I've clearly got a 'dark side' ... even my hair dye is called 'Vampire Red' !!

I've been dying my hair red or pink or purple for the last year or so, usually using Directions hair dye. I wanted to grow my bleached hair out in an exciting way and didn't want to hurt the hair anymore than it already has been (decades of torture by bleach and crimping irons) so I wanted semi permanent colours, that would be kind to the hair. I used to use Directions back when I was a teenager so that is what I went for, but  now I've discovered Manic Panic Amplified Vampire Red and and it is the colour for me... It goes on better and has better staying power... And it has 'Vampire' in the title... honestly! What is it with me and Vampires????
So that's enough about vampires... I'll leave you with a pic of me as a satanic nun... It was the Mediaeval Baebes getting dressed up to be background artists for a Ken Russell movie...all very silly, but fun of course. Just to show that my 'dark side' is not limited to vampires, but also includes satanic nuns and possibly also witches...but that is for another time...



No comments:

Post a Comment