Friday 29 July 2016

Time saving Delicious Cous Cous Recipe

I love healthy food, and really naughty food too, but that's another sorry... today I want to tell you about a great time saving discovery. When I was down in Helsingborg visiting my friend and colleague Malin from the fashion label E.MallaS, we were setting up a big party together and were in a big hurry to get everything done. No one had time to fix a special lunch but we didn't need to, she had already pre made some delicious cous cous, so we ate a mug of it and got on with what we had to do.


When I got back home I thought, what a great idea! Make a batch of this healthy stuff, store it in the fridge and that is lunches taken care of for the next 3 - 4 days.
You can put what ever you like in but this is what I did...
I fried onion and courgette in a little butter then when they were a bit golden I added the cous cous and water and cooked as per the packet instructions.
Once it had cooled down I added chopped feta, coriander, peppers, cooked beetroot, sweetcorn, kidney beans and butter beans but you can add whatever you like.

I hate thinking about food but I want to be healthy and eat well. This stopped me just grabbing a cheese sandwich or whatever. Really good for the summer too, light and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment