Wednesday 11 September 2013

Sacred Hearts

 I get soo excited about beautiful things and then I just have to share them with you! My indulgence today is Sacred Hearts. This is a theme that has run strong through all my adult life. Basically, I've always loved them and not being bought up catholic means I don't have any weird associations with them. I just think they are beautiful! So here are my top Sacred Heart tips...

This piece of art is by Scott Cambell and I would so like to have it on my wall.

This beautiful pendant is by asunder at deviantart.com


And here is a little more traditional vintage sacred heart by Lilyofthevalley.


Okay, so I'm going a bit off beam here but still staying on the heart theme. These chairs were part of an exhibition from 2010 in Gloucester Cathedral  called ‘Crucible’ The piece was called ‘Till Death do us Part’ by Steven Gregory and they are just proper bonkers!



Here's some nice vintage assemblage...






I love the simplicity of this. What a nice thing to see on the table when you wake up in the morning, that some little pixie of love has left for you.... Next valentines, try this instead of a lame card.


Here is a bit of assemblage by artist JoeMilosevich


Some of the best sacred heart jewellery is to be found on genuine religious web shops like these little beauties from Rosary Workshop


And here is an antique French lamp dating from around the 1880's from Ruby Lane. It is too wonderful for mortal words to describe! And if you follow only 1 link from here today then let it be this, because there is a veritable cornucopia of vintage delights to be found down Ruby's lane!


Sacred hearts in Mosaic


And in stained glass


And finally on fabric. These are 2 of my cushions...



No comments:

Post a Comment