Wednesday 26 June 2013

Granny Chic & Cafe Tjärlek

What a week I've had! So many things I haven't had time to blog about any of it! So, let's start at the beginning... Last week I visited a fantastic cafe in Stockholm called Cafe Tjärlek. My friend Janice and I were shopping in Söder and were in much need of refreshments so we stumbled upon this super cool little gem... Run by a wonderful woman called Dinah, we enjoyed some delicious food and the eccentric wallpaper even more! The decor of the cafe and room out the back were colourful, fun and eccentric in equal measure, I felt quite at home there!





The whole experience got me thinking about about Granny Chic. I know it's been around for years but being in the cafe really showed me how great granny chic could be. This is not to be confused with shabby chic or country chic. Granny chic is a bit more kitchy, with lots of crochet, patchwork, mismatched cushions, mad old lamps, thriftstore artwork and coziness.








No comments:

Post a Comment